Uniden is pleased to announce the addition of support for Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) and EDACS ProVoice decoding for two additional more models, further cementing Unidens position as the leading scanner manufacturer worldwide.
Digital Mobile Radio is used on thousands of systems worldwide. This $60 paid upgrade allows existing and future owners of the BCD996P2 and BCD325P2 scanners to easily add support for monitoring DMR, MotoTRBO Connect Plus, MotoTRBO Capacity Plus, and DMR Tier 3 systems.
ProVoice systems are used by several major agencies in the United States. This $50 paid upgrade allows people who live in one of these areas to easily add support for monitoring all unencrypted comms on these systems.
Uniden has led the way by adding the ability to use new digital modes in our scanners, without forcing all customers to incur the cost of support for systems that they have no need for. Our “a la carte” business model lets you pay for what you use and allows us to fairly compensate our technology licensors when one of our customers decides to use their technology. Using the Uniden BCDxxxP2 radios, upgraded with the DMR and ProVoice upgrades, you can now seamlessly monitor unencrypted channels on the following system types:
- Conventional Analog channels
- Conventional P25 Digital channels
- Motorola Type I and Type II Trunked Radio systems with Analog and Digital (P25) Voice
- EDACS Analog trunked radio systems
- LTR Analog trunked radio systems
- APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II Digital Trunked Radio systems
- EDACS trunked radio systems with ProVoice channels (paid ProVoice upgrade required)
- Conventional Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) channels (paid DMR upgrade required)
- MotoTRBO Capacity Plus Trunked Radio Systems (paid DMR upgrade required)
- MotoTRBO Connect Plus Trunked Radio Systems (paid DMR upgrade required)
- MotoTRBO Linked Capacity Plus Systems (paid DMR upgrade required)
- DMR Tier III Trunking (paid DMR upgrade required)
Source and more info at: